A fee-free, hassle-free business bank account
Whether you’re a brand-new sole proprietor or an established company, Azlo offers financial tools to help you grow your business.
Open your Azlo account anywhere in the U.S., right from your phone or computer.
Skip fees and minimums
We don’t have balance requirements, and we don’t charge maintenance fees or overdraft fees.
Protect your earnings
Azlo accounts are FDIC-insured through our partner bank (BBVA USA, Member FDIC).
Bank 100% online
Manage your business finances anywhere with the Azlo web and mobile apps.
Pay vendors and contractors for free
Send payments directly to your payee’s bank account, or mail them a check with the Azlo app.
Transfer funds, in and out of your account, on your terms
All Azlo accounts come with two main options to transfer money:
Spend conveniently with the Azlo debit card
Tag and track business purchases for easier accounting. Withdraw cash, fee-free, at any of the 55,000 ATMs in our partner network. Block or unblock your card, in seconds, with the Azlo app.
Streamline your accounting
Connect Azlo to popular accounting software like QuickBooks Online, Xero, and Wave to automatically import your transactions.
See more in one place
We’ve integrated with Kabbage, Stripe, Square, and PayPal to offer unique add-ons, like streamlined lending options and the ability to view all your accounts in one place.
Create, send, and manage digital invoices in seconds
Make personalized invoices and email them to your clients through the Azlo mobile app. Accept card payments through Stripe, Square, or PayPal, or have your clients send you a check or bank transfer.Learn More
Deposit checks anytime
Deposit checks in minutes, wherever you are, with the Azlo mobile app. Funds are usually available in 1-6 business days and holds typically decrease as you build deposit history. Learn more about mobile deposits.
- Free payments and standard transfers
- Send digital invoices directly from your account
- Unlimited number of transactions
- No minimum balance requirements
- No incoming wire fees
- Square, Stripe and other business tool integrations
- Fully digital online account signup
Other business bank accounts
- Charge up to $3 per transfer
- Built-in invoicing not available
- Often a limited number of free transactions
- Minimum balance requirements are common
- Charge up to $15 per incoming wire
- 3rd-party integrations usually not available
- Most banks require in-person application at a branch
Other business bank accounts
We offer accounts to a wide range of businesses, including sole proprietors, corporations, limited liability companies, and general partnerships. However, we cannot offer accounts to businesses that are involved with gambling, money services, privately-owned ATMs, sales of marijuana or its derivatives, precious metals, pawn shops, or cryptocurrency exchanges.
We do have some basic eligibility requirements for business owners.
You can fill out an application online, in just a few minutes. Click here to get started. We will ask you for basic information about yourself and your business, and we may ask for a copy of certain business formation or registration documents. You can learn more about the documents we may request here.
Once you submit the application, our team will review it within 1-2 business days and let you know if we’re able to make a decision right away or if we need a few more details.
Azlo business bank accounts are fee-free: we don’t charge overdraft fees, maintenance fees, card replacement fees, or anything of the sort.
Add-on services, such as Instant Transfers, have per-transaction charges to cover processing costs. For more information and a breakdown of these charges, see our Agreements & Policies Page for our Small Business Account Disclosures. Also, keep in mind that if you use an Azlo account with other services or companies, they may charge a fee. For example, if you accept payments for Azlo invoices via Stripe, Stripe fees will apply.
Yes, there are limits on certain types of transactions. Here’s a quick overview of the limits you should be aware of:
- ATM withdrawals are limited to $1,000 per day.
- Card purchases and over-the-counter cash withdrawals have a cumulative limit of $8,000 per day. You’re also limited to 30 unique card transactions per day.
- Transfers to a linked account are limited to $300,000 per day, and transfers from a linked account are limited to $100,000 per day.
- Payments through our bill pay provider are limited to $10,000 per payment. Bank-to-bank (ACH) payments are limited to $300,000 per day.
- There are limits on mobile check deposits. That limit starts at $10,000 per check and $20,000 per month, and it can increase based on your Azlo account history.
There are no limits on mailed check deposits, incoming wires, or bank-to-bank (ACH) transfers initiated by other financial institutions.
Processing times can vary, but as a general rule, you can expect the following timelines to apply.
- Mobile check deposits are typically available in 1-6 business days, depending on a variety of factors including the size of the check and your deposit history. Deposits are often available more quickly as you build deposit history with Azlo. Additional holds can apply. The timeline for mailed deposits is slightly different, and you can find all the details on it here.
- Standard transfers that are initiated by Azlo typically take 1-5 business days depending on the direction of the transfer.
- Outgoing transfers (those that move money from Azlo to another account) take 1-3 business days.
- Incoming transfers (those that pull money from another account into Azlo) take 4-5 business days).
- Azlo Instant Transfers are made with a debit card through the card network. The card network processes transactions in real-time, allowing you to transfer money from Azlo to another debit card almost instantly. Since card processors charge to process these transfers, Azlo charges a per-transaction fee to cover that cost, read more about Azlo Instant Transfer fees.
The timeline for any deposits or transfers that are initiated by other institutions (such as payments from clients or transfers that you initiate through another bank account) will depend on the sending institution.
We don’t currently have the ability to send international payments or transfers. We are planning to offer this option in the future; in the meantime, it is possible to use dedicated international transfer services to debit funds from your Azlo account and send these funds internationally.
You can send invoices to clients directly from within your Azlo account. Right now, there are three payment options for invoices; your clients can mail you a check, send a wire or bank transfer to your Azlo account, or pay via credit or debit card.
A note on card payments—these are enabled by our integration with payment processors, so this option is only available if you have a Stripe, Square, or PayPal account connected to Azlo. Normal fees from these services will apply.
Azlo does not offer checkbooks and checks with your Azlo account and routing number printed on them will not work. We do offer a couple of great alternatives to checkbooks, though. Both are entirely free to use.
- You can use our bill pay service to mail a check to pretty much anyone in the U.S.
- You can send payments directly to your payee’s bank account with their bank account and routing number.
We cannot accept cash deposits because we operate online and we don’t have branches. As a result, we generally aren’t a good fit for businesses that regularly deal with cash.