Community and Social Media Manager
This position is based in Portland, Oregon
Azlo is a new fintech company that helps business owners, entrepreneurs, and freelancers manage their money. Backed by BBVA, we’re on a mission to transform small business banking.
We are searching for an enthusiastic, goal-oriented, digitally-savvy community and social media manager to join the Azlo marketing team. This community and social media manager will be responsible for engaging our growing community, serving as a liaison between Azlo and its users, sourcing, curating, scheduling, and tracking content across all social platforms, growing our social presence and working closely with marketing teams and social platform providers on a variety of projects. Experience as a freelancer, entrepreneur, or small business owner (no matter how small) is preferred!
What You'll Do
- Proactively reach out to our community to start new conversations and keep existing discussions moving.
- Plan, create, and edit a wide variety of visual content types, which may be used across our social media channels and various marketing campaigns.
- Curate the social media calendar, write social copy, and manage posting across all channels.
- Analyze social media management tools, traffic, and referral data to identify new content opportunities.
- Develop, track, and report on relevant KPIs, including brand engagement, customer acquisition via content distribution, conversion of site visitors through content engagement.
- Coordinating on-line events and activations. Helping with all aspects of organizing and promoting these events.
- Develop and executing new tactics to grow followers, increase engagement, and drive more traffic.
What You'll Bring
- 2+ years experience in community management and social media management.
- Deep subject matter expertise in freelancing, small business, and entrepreneurship.
- Experience with organic social media management (experience with Spout Social is a plus).
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Good visual eye and experience with photo editing software.
- Ability to process and make creative decisions based on data and set quantitative goals.
- Thorough understanding of crafting and adhering to a unique brand voice.
- Comfortable wearing many hats and juggling different tasks in a short space of time.
- Ability to proactively prioritize, manage, and complete multiple projects simultaneously within time constraints and with strong attention to detail.
- Experienced at collaborating or coordinating a project with other groups.
- Familiar with other online communities, with a clear idea of how to reach new and diverse groups of people.
- A clear and effective communicator, able to confidently deliver messages to users in line with our tone and values
What We Bring
- High impact role in an early stage fintech company
- A killer team with decades of experience in finance, tech, and startups
- A mission to empower multicultural business owners, and a mandate to do away with the old models of banking
- Backing from a leading global bank with resources to support our growth
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
Azlo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Azlo considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.