Compliance and BSA Manager
This position can be based in either Portland, Oregon or San Francisco, CA
Azlo is a new, quickly growing fintech company that helps business owners, entrepreneurs, and freelancers pay, get paid, and manage their money. Backed by BBVA, we’re on a mission to transform small business banking. We’re seeking an experienced Compliance and BSA Manager to support the development and oversight of first line controls. This role will also serve as subject matter expert and trusted advisor to Azlo.
What You'll Do
- Provide compliance and BSA/AML/OFAC advice to teams across the company, particularly relating to our product, customer operations, and vendor and partner management
- Monitor legal, regulatory, and industry developments; assess impact to company functions; and collaborate with colleagues to implement product and process changes and develop controls to mitigate compliance and operational risk
- Conduct monitoring and testing of compliance controls to ensure effectiveness, and collaborate with colleagues on remediation of issues identified in internal and external reviews
- Develop, update, and maintain a centralized repository of company policies and procedures
- Assist with conducting regulatory risk assessment
- Assist with responding to partner bank requests for information, reviews, and other assessments
- Develop and deliver internal compliance training
- Coordinate applicable internal audits, regulatory exams, and partner reviews.
What You'll Bring
- 7+ years in consumer or small business banking compliance, fintech experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of AML/BSA/OFAC regulations and requirements, and understanding of the opportunities and challenges in the digital finance sector particularly as they relate to AML/BSA, OFAC, and Fraud. Experience with small businesses and non-US beneficial owners is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of AML/BSA and OFAC technology/vendors on the market, and experience using data to evaluate their effectiveness
- Strong knowledge of banking regulations and regulatory environment, and a working familiarity with federal prudential regulators’ compliance and risk management expectations of large banks
- Strong knowledge of payments and/or lending regulations and requirements a significant plus
- Ability to develop and draft policies and procedures, and to design compliance controls
- Strength in both written and verbal communications within all levels of an organization
- An entrepreneurial attitude and the ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment on multiple concurrent projects where team members are based in multiple locations
- CAMS or CRCM desired
What We Bring
- High impact role in an early stage fintech company
- A killer team with decades of experience in finance, tech, and startups
- A mission to empower multicultural business owners, and a mandate to do away with the old models of banking
- Backing from a leading global bank with resources to support our growth
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
Azlo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Azlo considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.