Data Product Manager
This position can be based in either Portland, OR or San Francisco, CA
Azlo is a new fintech company that helps business owners, entrepreneurs, and freelancers pay, get paid, and manage their money. Backed by BBVA, we’re on a mission to transform small business banking.
Azlo is looking for a Data Product Manager to add depth to our Data Team. This role requires a passion for data (informational and operational), platform infrastructure, simplifying operations and technical depth. You will be a part of a cross-functional team that builds product, leads our analytics effort, and will be accountable for the execution of the roadmap. You will also serve as a bridge between the various stakeholders. Because of the technical nature of many of our financial integrations, experience in retail banking or payments is highly preferred.
What You'll Do
- Lead a cross-functional Agile Scrum team of Data Analysts, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers, and others in the development and support of new product initiatives spanning many internal teams.
- Manage our informational data effort, including analytics to understand and help the other product teams access the data necessary to make data-driven product decisions.
- Gather and generate requirements for product evolution based on market analysis and end user (or internal team) interactions.
- Be an operational technical lead in communicating project readiness. Identify, prioritize and manage key challenges and risks of a given product.
- Establish the Data Product Roadmap with cross-functional teams, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate technical components of the data process to non-technical stakeholders and external audiences
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of data product management experience and a passion for using data to maximize impact to customers across multiple products, or platforms.
- Understanding of Data Science / Machine Learning methodologies and steps involved in building successful data projects.
- Understanding of various statistical techniques and recommendation engines is a plus
- Prior experience in data warehouse modeling and ETL/data pipeline development.
- Prior experience with analytics tools, such as Amplitude or Google Analytics.
- Project experience managing cross-functional, technical teams.
- Highly analytical, using data to make decisions and comfortable gathering it yourself
- Results oriented. You can cut to the core of a problem, identify what needs to be done and work with the teams to get products launched.
- Ability to query large datasets and distill your findings into easy-to-understand analyses
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate and maintain relationships with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- Innovative mindset – Problem solving proclivity.
- Strength in both written and verbal communications within all levels of an organization.
- An entrepreneurial attitude and the ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment on multiple concurrent projects where team members are based in multiple locations.
- Competitive knowledge of financial technology landscape.
What We Bring
- High impact role in an early-stage fintech company.
- A killer team with decades of experience in finance, tech, and startups.
- A mission to empower business owners, and a mandate to do away with the old models of banking.
- Backing from a leading global bank with resources to support our growth.
- Position can be based in Portland, Oregon or San Francisco, California.
- Occasional travel may be needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
Azlo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Azlo considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.