This position is based in Portland, Oregon
Azlo is a new, quickly growing fintech company that helps business owners, entrepreneurs, and freelancers pay, get paid, and flourish as they pursue their passion.
Azlo is seeking an experienced and proactive Data Scientist, with an excellent problem-solving attitude. As part of Azlo’s Data Team your mission will be to help Azlo become a data driven company. For that purpose, you will work in different strategic projects; identifying valuable customers, preventing fraud or churn, modeling risk and improving our user experience.
What You'll Do
- Building, improving and maintaining predictive models using machine learning.
- Selecting the right models for the right problems.
- Helping Azlo become a data driven company by identifying new data sources, external or internal; help the engineering teams improve the data gathering processes to facilitate access to information.
- Democratizing data. Unleash our data’s potential and share it with the rest of the teams.
- Being proactive. Thinking outside the box, proposing new innovating ideas, and exploring as part of your day to day work.
- Following a scientific and thorough approach to problem solving, from hypothesis formulation to validation.
- Guiding and helping less experienced coworkers.
- Keeping up to date is part of your nature.
What You'll Bring
- 4+ years of experience in a data scientist role
- BS in a technical field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering…)
- MS in a relevant field or equivalent experience
- Deep understanding of Machine Learning algorithms; supervised, unsupervised as well as their applications.
- Deep understanding of the modeling process; data gathering, transformations, feature engineering, variables selection and hyperparameter tuning.
- Strong programming skills in Python/R and SQL
- Demonstrated experience in building E2E analytical solutions.
- Demonstrated experience working with multiple Databases, both SQL and NoSQL
What We Bring
- High impact role in a rapidly growing, mission-based fintech company looking to make real change in the world.
- A killer team with decades of experience in finance, tech, and startups.
- The stability of being backed by a leading global bank with resources to support our growth.
- Full medical and dental
- One remote day per week and flexible schedules
- Professional development stipend
- 401(k) matching program
- Paid parental leave
- Weekly catered lunches
- Office happy hours and other fun events
- Beer, Kombucha and Cold Brew on tap
- Fully stocked kitchen and coffee service
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
Azlo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Azlo considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.