Director, Customer Success
This position is based in Portland, OR
Azlo is a new, quickly growing fintech company that helps business owners, entrepreneurs, and freelancers pay, get paid, and flourish as they pursue their passion.
Our goal is to redefine the meaning of success for small business owners and freelancers. We want our users to realize that achievement should not be at the expense of the rest of their lives. It is about mastering skills, increasing knowledge, strengthening social connections and creating a sustainable sense of purpose.
What You'll Do
- Oversee the Customer Success strategy, systems, tools, and best practices that deliver the Azlo core values.
- Partner with executive leadership to define the vision of world-class service experience for our customers.
- Provide thought leadership to ensure the effective implementation, integration, and execution of strategic plans and customer experience initiatives.
- Promote the adoption of key processes, policies, guidelines and regulatory changes in Customer Success.
- Advocate for change in other departments’ ways of working to improve customer experience and collaborate to implement improvements.
- Find ways for Customer Success to deeply understand our customers’ needs and resolve issues proactively.
- Clarify ownership, responsibilities and cross-functional intersections for each department within the Customer Success Organization.
- Create a company-wide customer feedback loop, while fostering a culture of customer success.
What You'll Bring
- 7-10 years of previous experience in customer service, operations, and management roles.
- Proven track record of delivering world-class service.
- Strong empathy for employees, customers AND a passion for growth and development.
- Strong experience with scaling and change management with the flexibility to adapt to the needs of a growing and changing organization.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- An enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Understand banking industry, a plus.
- Efficiently and independently manage time, while prioritizing multiple responsibilities/programs in addition to your day-to-day tasks.
What We Bring
- High impact role in an early-stage fintech company.
- A killer team with decades of experience in finance, tech, and startups.
- A mission to empower multicultural business owners, and a mandate to do away with the old models of banking.
- Backing from a leading global bank with resources to support our growth.
Benefits & Perks
- Full medical & dental
- One remote day per week and flexible schedules
- Professional development stipend
- 401(k) matching program
- Paid parental leave
- Weekly catered lunches
- Office happy hours and other fun events
- Beer, Kombucha and Cold Brew on tap
- Stocked kitchen and coffee service
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
Azlo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Azlo considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.