This position is located in Portland, OR or Birmingham, AL
Azlo is a new fintech company that helps business owners, entrepreneurs, and freelancers pay, get paid, and manage their money. Backed by BBVA, we’re on a mission to transform small business banking.
We’re looking for a Director of Lending to support critical parts of our product development and management operations. Because of the technical nature of many of our financial integrations, extensive experience in commercial lending is highly preferred.
What You'll Do
- Own, define and drive build out our commercial lending product(s) for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs).
- Provide day-to-day support in leading lending product management.
- Manage overall product lifecycle for commercial lending products, including rationalization of lending features and products.
- Coordinate with engineering, design, risk, and other teams to advance product solutions.
- Run an agile scrum team to deliver on product priorities.
- Stay informed and adapt to competitive advances that relate to lending products.
- Inform other stakeholder groups of necessary changes or considerations to the product.
- Understand the workings of commercial lending, as it touches our bank partner.
- Develop and manage product pricing recommendations for lending products.
- Monitor industry trends and competitive insights and threats.
- Ensure regulatory compliance for all lending products.
- Manage key strategic partnerships and alliances for lending products.
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years in product management in financial services or technology.
- 10+ years of experience with commercial lending design or support for small- and/or medium-sized businesses.
- Strong knowledge of agile processes.
- Innovative mindset and problem-solving proclivity.
- Strength in both written and verbal communications within all levels of an organization.
- An entrepreneurial ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment, where team members are based in multiple locations.
- Competitive knowledge of the commercial lending and financial technology landscape.
What We Bring
- High impact role in an early-stage fintech company.
- A great team with decades of experience in finance, tech, and startups.
- A mission to empower small and medium-sized business owners, and a mandate to do away with the old models of banking.
- Backing from a leading global bank with resources to support our growth.
Benefits & Perks
- Full medical and dental
- One remote day per week and schedule flexibility
- Professional development stipend
- 401(k) matching program
- Paid parental leave
- Weekly catered lunches
- Office happy hours and other fun events
- Beer, Kombucha and Cold Brew on tap
- Fully stocked kitchen and coffee service
Frequent travel required.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
Azlo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Azlo considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.