Director of Finance
This position is based in Portland, OR, or San Francisco, CA.
Azlo is a new fintech company that helps business owners, entrepreneurs, and freelancers pay, get paid, and manage their money. Backed by BBVA, we’re on a mission to transform small business banking. We’re looking for a Director of Finance to oversee critical parts of our business finances.
Director of Finance
The Director of Finance ensures that Azlo makes sound financial decisions, is prepared for investment conversations and has well-managed cash flow, payables and receivables operations, and assists the management team with financial planning and analysis.
This is done through the following:
- Modeling business scenarios and tracking performance metrics
- Maintaining effective controls on cash flows (money in and out)
- Crafting and leading the implementation of tools that help drive sound financial business decisions
- Development of monthly, quarterly and yearly forecasts
- Maintenance and analysis of monthly, quarterly and yearly budgets
- Interacting directly with Azlo’s systems to extract data to inform financial insights and help solve complex business problems and reveal opportunities
- Managing and monitoring ongoing risks and opportunities
- Building relationships with key business partners
- Raising business acumen across the company’s decision makers
- Recruiting and hiring for other finance and FP&A positions
- Financial systems troubleshooting and support
Collaborate with Key Teams to identify and drive towards fact-based decisions, exchange insights and best practices. This role is the Finance Business Partner to the Product, Engineering and Marketing organizations.
Partner with Executive Management to inform and support strategic, financially informed decisions through clear insights into business drivers, the risks and opportunities of Azlo’s product and the performance of the business. This role also leads the company through the 5-year Operational Planning process.
Manage Financial Analysis and Control functions to lead the company toward making good financial decisions through financial modeling and analysis, forecasting, and annual planning, while maintaining strong oversight and controls on cash flows, expenses and payables.
Work with Systems and Financial Analysts to develop tools and reporting systems to automate processes, drive efficiency, and deliver actionable financial information.
Reporting to the Azlo Board and BBVA monthly, quarterly and annually various reports and presentations on the financial health, forecast, deposit, loan, and spend expectations for the company.
The Director of Finance role at Azlo also contributes to overall team health and performance in a few notable ways. The first is through financial analysis and financial controls, and the second is through team development (hiring and retaining of talent) to scale the organization to support Azlo’s growth.
The Director of Finance role at Azlo steers and aligns the company around the financial story of the company, and partners in financial analysis for decision making. The context and common language in financials offer leaders at Azlo with information necessary to make swift and informed trade-offs toward our Company’s short- and long-term strategy.
Further, the Finance team sets goals for the company, which helps team members in every department rally around key metrics, helping to orient and excite employees toward financial and value-based goals.
What you'll bring
- 5+ years of related experience required, technology and/or financial services preferred
- At least 1 year of management experience is ideal
- Experience with Intacct, Bill.com, Expensify a strong plus
- Technical skills are essential; ideal candidate would have Finance experience in a Product, Marketing and/or Decision Analytics role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal with experience presenting to executives
- Has a growth mindset, and has worked in fast-paced environments, with the ability to quickly adapt to change
- Proficient knowledge of US GAAP
- Comfortable adapting to new information systems and technology
- Advanced MS Excel skills required, Powerpoint/Keynote skills preferred
- BA/BSc degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Business required, Masters or CPA is desirable
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
Azlo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Azlo considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.