Full Stack Engineer
This position is based in Portland, OR
Azlo is a new fintech company that helps business owners, entrepreneurs, and freelancers pay, get paid, and manage their money. Backed by BBVA, we’re on a mission to transform small business banking.
Azlo is looking to add Engineering depth to the team that builds, delivers, and manages the Azlo customer onboarding experience. From the moment a potential customer clicks “Get Started” all the way to having their bank account application approved, we work to build a seamless experience. This includes the online experience itself and the backend admin tool used by our Customer Success Agents to support onboarding. Due to the technical nature of many of our financial integrations, experience in retail banking or payments is highly preferred.
What you'll do
- Write quality backend code in Node, Express, and Restify.
- Work within modern front-end frameworks (Angular, Vue, and React).
- Perform at a high level in an Agile environment.
- Work in a functional programming environment.
- Write and perform unit, integration, and acceptance tests for backend endpoints prior to QA and UAT handoff.
What we're looking for
- 3+ years of Backend with some Fullstack Engineering experience.
- Open communicators not afraid to express hard truths.
- Exceptional integrity and able to admit when you’ve made a mistake.
- Ability to share in work with others.
- An eagle eye for architectural missteps.
- A team player – we succeed as a team and we fail as a team. We don’t throw people under the bus.
- Someone who can move swiftly and is guided by agile, but not beholden to every prescription.
- An entrepreneurial attitude and the ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment on multiple concurrent projects where team members are based in multiple locations.
Technologies we like and use
- Node, docker, kubernetes, Angular or Vue, Immutable.js, Rxjs, git, AWS, MongoDB, Kafka queues
- Microservice architecture, Pub/Sub, event-driven updates, functional programming.
What we bring
- High impact role in an early-stage fintech company.
- A killer team with decades of experience in finance, tech, and startups.
- A mission to empower business owners, and a mandate to do away with the old models of banking.
- Backing from a leading global bank with resources to support our growth.
- Full medical and dental
- One remote day per week and schedule flexibility
- Professional development stipend
- 401(k) matching program
- 4 weeks of PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Weekly catered lunches
- Office happy hours and other fun events
- Beer, Kombucha and Cold Brew on tap
- Fully stocked kitchen and coffee service
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
Azlo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Azlo considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.