Engineering Team Lead
This position is located in Portland, Oregon
Azlo is a new fintech company that helps business owners, entrepreneurs, and freelancers pay, get paid, and manage their money. Backed by BBVA, we’re on a mission to transform small business banking. We’re seeking an Engineering Team Lead to support critical parts of our development of new end-to-end features, up through production. Because of the banking nature of many of our financial integrations, previous experience in a fintech company is highly valued.
If you have excellent programming skills and a passion for developing applications or improving existing ones, we would like to meet you. As an Engineering Team Lead, you’ll lead a team of engineers, working closely with the product owner and UX designers to make the best user experience.
What You'll Do
- Join a multifunctional and distributed team working using Agile methodologies and the latest tools.
- Train, mentor and develop engineers on the team
- Be the right hand of product owners, helping them convert their vision for the product in reality, defining the right way to convert product requirements into code, identifying trade-offs in technical solutions when needed
- Be an advocate for clean and maintainable code. Be involved in code reviews and pair programming with other developers to help them grow and deliver great quality code.
- Help unblock complicated technical issues, diving into logs, code and systems to find root causes and propose long term solutions.
- Be a contributor to the code base and teach by example
- Stay on top of emerging technologies
What You'll Bring
- 7+ years developing web applications including 3+ years as a team lead and manager of a team of 3+ engineers
- Ability to motivate people and instill ownership, reliability, teamwork and commitment
- In-depth understanding of the entire application development process: design, development of both web apps and backend services, and how that runs and is deployed.
- Experience with in most of our tech stack : AWS, Kubernetes, Node.js, microservice architecture, Angular, MongoDB
- Experience working with git, reviewing other people’s code, and working with pull requests.
- Experience building and integrating with REST APIs
- Degree in CS or similar field, or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience in other fintech company or with payments in general is highly valued.
What We Bring
- High impact role in an early stage fintech company
- A killer team with decades of experience in finance, tech, and startups
- A mission to empower multicultural business owners, and a mandate to do away with the old models of banking
- Backing from a leading global bank with resources to support our growth
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
Azlo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Azlo considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.