This position is based in Portland, OR
Azlo is a new fintech company that helps business owners, entrepreneurs, and freelancers pay, get paid, and manage their money. Backed by BBVA, we’re on a mission to transform small business banking.
We’re seeking a Fraud Investigator to support critical parts of our fraud/AML account monitoring operations. Because of the nature of our client base, experience with small businesses and non-US beneficial owners is strongly preferred.
What You'll Do
- Review debit card activity to catch fraud and minimize false positives.
- Monitor ACH activity for potential fraud or money laundering.
- Act as the second opinion for questionable check deposits.
- Analyze new account activity from third party partners to identify potential fraud.
- Report unusual activity to our bank partner weekly, and to internal stakeholders monthly.
- Assist with fraud and AML investigations and escalations.
- Partner with law enforcement or other banks as needed.
- Respond to inquiries from our partner bank, and decision accounts accordingly.
- Help develop, further define and implement fraud and AML procedures as needed.
- Work with our Product team to ensure we are obtaining maximum value from internal and third-party fraud risk tools.
- Partner with our Customer Success and Onboarding team to ensure we balance risk mitigation without sacrificing world-class customer experience.
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years working in a fraud / AML capacity in banking, preferably fintech.
- Experience with small business customers at a global financial institution a significant plus.
- Strong knowledge of fraud and money laundering vectors within small business banking.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and work fraud / AML queues on a daily basis.
- An entrepreneurial attitude and the ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment on multiple, concurrent projects where team members are based in multiple locations.
- Writing card fraud rules and other fraud models is a plus.
- Management experience is also a plus as we look to build out the investigations team.
What We Bring
- High impact role in an early-stage fintech company.
- A killer team with decades of experience in finance, tech, and startups.
- A mission to empower small business owners, and a mandate to do away with the old models of banking.
- Backing from a leading global bank with resources to support our growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
Azlo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Azlo considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.