Full Stack Engineer
This position is based in Portland, OR
Azlo is a new fintech company that helps business owners, entrepreneurs, and freelancers pay, get paid, and manage their money. Backed by BBVA, we’re on a mission to transform small business banking. We’re looking for a Full Stack Engineer to support critical parts of our development of new end to end features up through production. Because of the technical nature of many of our financial integrations, extensive experience in retail banking or payments is highly preferred.
If you have excellent programming skills and a passion for developing applications or improving existing ones, we would like to meet you. As a Full Stack Engineer, you’ll work closely with the product owners and UX designers to make the best user experience.
What You'll Do
- Join a multifunctional and distributed team working using Agile methodologies and the latest tools.
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging.
- Being the right hand of product owners, helping them convert their vision for the product in reality, and converting product requirements into code.
- Write clean and maintainable code. Leave everything you touch in the codebase better than you found it.
- Deliver tested and working features. You would never merge code into the repository without unit tests.
- Delve into production logs to troubleshoot issues and help customer support team.
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Provide training and support to internal teams
- Stay on top of emerging technologies
What You'll Bring
- Proven work experience as a Full Stack Engineer working in agile teams.
- In-depth understanding of the entire application development process: design, development of both web apps and backend services, and how that runs and is deployed.
- Experience with Angular and node.js.
- Experience building responsive web apps and converting designs to html & css.
- Experience consuming and building RESTful APIs.
- Experience working with git, reviewing other people’s code, and working with pull requests.
- Experience working with microservices and all that they entail: containers, kubernetes, service discovery, elastic search, etc. We don’t expect you to build and maintain the infrastructure, but we expect you to know how everything ties together and be able to troubleshoot issues by yourself.
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude.
- Experience working with AWS services : Lamda, S3, API Gateway, ElasticSearch, etc.
- Experience with SQL (postgresql) and NoSQL databases (MongoDB, DynamoDB, redis).
- Experience writing tests, both unit testing and acceptance testing (cucumber, selenium, protractor, yasmine…).
- BS in Computer Science or relevant field.
What We Bring
- High impact role in an early stage fintech company
- A killer team with decades of experience in finance, tech, and startups
- A mission to empower multicultural business owners, and a mandate to do away with the old models of banking
- Backing from a leading global bank with resources to support our growth
This position is located in Portland, Oregon
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
Azlo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Azlo considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.