Head of People
This position is based in Portland, OR
Azlo is a new-quickly growing fintech company that supports entrepreneurs, and freelancers with seamless financial tools, community and networking opportunities and the vital resources necessary to grow and thrive while following their passions.
Our goal is to redefine the meaning of success for small business owners. We want our users to realize that achievement should not be at the expense of the rest of their lives. It is about mastering skills, strengthening social connections and creating a sustainable sense of purpose in order to make a positive impact on the world.
We are seeking a Head of People to…..
What You'll Do
- Coach, develop and grow Azlo’s team in San Francisco, CA and Portland, OR.
- Oversee the employee lifecycle management ensuring a great employee experience from hiring to exit.
- Co-create our human capital strategy with the Executive Team ensuring it is in line with Company core values and long-term retention. Develop and maintain strong and trusted partnerships with functional leaders and managers, provide constructive feedback and coaching.
- Partner with Brand Team in order to drive and manifest our Vision, Mission while upholding our Core Values.
- Develop and maintain training and coaching platforms to ensure world-class professional development of our employees.
- Provide the necessary education and materials to managers and/or employees through workshops, manuals, employee handbook, and reports.
- Oversee and optimize our employee benefit offerings.
- Improve and support employee recruitment process by reducing recruitment timeframe, increasing the pool of high-performing candidates, and ensuring a more diverse workforce.
- Maintain compensation policies including bonuses, commission and annual salary increases. Stay up to date on market research of compensation practices.
- Work to develop a vibrant and exciting culture that adheres to our mission and values.
- Create an efficient, consistent and scalable onboarding experience and partner with business leaders to create and improve functional onboarding.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local programs and regulations.
- And any other duties needed to help drive to our Vision, fulfill our Mission, and uphold our Values.
What You'll Bring
- 10+ years combined related experience in People Ops, HR or related roles.
- 2-4 years as a Head of People or equivalent role in a tech startup or similar rapidly growing company. Ideal candidate will have experience transitioning an early stage company through a critical phase of high growth and scale. Full cycle recruitment experience preferred.
- Expertise in organizational and compensation design, ideally in a startup environment.
- A proven track record of creating and implementing high-quality people programs and strategies that can scale, with success at developing, managing, and integrating talent solutions across various functional disciplines
- Ability to build from a blank slate organizational and people development practices, record of building strong teams and demonstrates empathy, a sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Strong experience with scaling and change management with flexibility to adapt to the needs of a growing and changing organization.
- Outstanding written and verbal skills, articulate and persuasive communicator including excellent presentation skills; analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Previous experience at a scaling company with highly effective Executive team.
- Demonstrated ability to challenge conventional approaches and in change management with a willingness to build a unique approach.
- Must be able to communicate at all levels in the company and to support business development and change.
- Able to travel to other offices in San Francisco and Birmingham.
What We Bring
- High impact role in a rapidly growing, mission-based fintech company looking to make real change in the world
- A killer team with decades of experience in finance, tech, and startups
- The stability of being backed by a leading global bank with resources to support our growth
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
Azlo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Azlo considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.