Internal Control Manager
This position can be based in either Portland, Oregon or San Francisco, California
Azlo is a new fintech company that helps business owners, entrepreneurs, and freelancers pay, get paid, and manage their money. Backed by BBVA, we’re on a mission to transform small business banking. We’re looking for the first line of defense Internal Control Manager to oversee enterprise-wide controls, participate in risk assessments, perform control testing and manage completion of ongoing control deliverables.
What You'll Do
- Ensure that our products and services remain customer-driven, with a commitment to an appropriate control environment.
- Coordinate the first line of defense control operations, working in partnership with Azlo Bank partner.
- Provide risk management advice to teams across the company, particularly relating to our product, customer operations, and vendor and partner management.
- Monitor legal, regulatory, and industry developments; assess impact to company functions; and collaborate with colleagues to implement product and process changes and develop controls to mitigate operational risk.
- Participate in enterprise risk management and testing program, including maintenance of related GRC systems and reports.
- Assist in the company’s participation in external reviews and audits, and monitor for the prompt remediation of identified issues.
- Provide periodic reporting on internal controls to ensure transparency and proper escalation to Sr. Management and Bank partners.
- Update and maintain a centralized repository of related company policies and procedures.
- Provide internal training as needed to complement externally provided training.
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years in audit, consulting or risk management experience in financial services
- Strong knowledge of banking regulations and regulatory environment, and a working familiarity with federal prudential regulators’ risk management expectations of large banks
- Strong organizational or project management ability a significant plus
- Strength in both written and verbal communications
- An entrepreneurial attitude and the ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment on multiple concurrent projects where team members are based in multiple locations
- CIA, CISA, CISSP or CRMA designation a plus
- Tech experience a plus
What We Bring
- High impact role in an early stage fintech company
- A killer team with decades of experience in finance, tech, and startups
- A mission to empower multicultural business owners, and a mandate to do away with the old models of banking
- Backing from a leading global bank with resources to support our growth
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
Azlo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Azlo considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.