Vice President, Marketing
This is based in either Portland, OR or San Francisco, CA
Azlo is a new fintech company that helps business owners and freelancers pay, get paid, and manage their money. Backed by BBVA, we’re on a mission to transform small business banking and unlock opportunity for a new generation of digital entrepreneurs.
We’re looking for a VP of Marketing to advance this vision and oversee Azlo’s acquisition strategy, marketing team, and optimal performance in market.
What You'll Do
- Define, own, and manage marketing and acquisition strategy in order to further Azlo’s mission and goals.
- Ensure that new and existing products are utilized in market by applying a rigorous approach to penetration, pricing, and awareness.
- Set and perform against usage, revenue, and acquisition targets for new and existing products.
- Lead a team of marketing specialists, and recruit new ones to the team.
- Oversee product marketing, performance marketing, and other channels to drive acquisition.
- Engage with PR & communications professionals to improve awareness.
- Liaise across departments in order to execute vision and bring on new users.
- Understand industry trends and opportunities in order to continuously improve position.
- Consistently and predictably deliver high-quality work.
- Form relationships with potential vendors or partners.
What You'll Bring
- 10+ years in digital/ tech marketing role(s); strong preference for background in banking, payments, or other financial services vertical.
- Knowledge of small business landscape a plus.
- Bias for bringing a quantitative lens to marketing work.
- Track record of establishing and executing against defined strategy.
- Proven ability to build, manage, and lead the marketing team.
- Excellent communication skills, and an ability to align peers around a shared vision.
- Ability to build processes, systems, and standards.
- An entrepreneurial attitude and the ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment on multiple concurrent projects where team members are based in multiple locations.
What We Bring
- High impact role in an early-stage fintech company.
- A killer team with decades of experience in finance, tech, and startups.
- A mission to empower multicultural business owners, and a mandate to do away with the old models of banking.
- Backing from a leading global bank with resources to support our growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
Azlo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Azlo considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.