Vice President, Product
This position can be based in either Portland, Oregon or San Francisco, CA
Azlo is a new fintech company that helps business owners and freelancers pay, get paid, and manage their money. Backed by BBVA, we’re on a mission to transform small business banking and unlock opportunity for a new generation of digital entrepreneurs. We’re looking for a VP of Product to advance this vision and oversee Azlo’s product strategy, team, and roadmap.
What You'll Do
- Define, own, and manage product strategy in order to further Azlo’s mission and goals.
- Develop and prioritize a product roadmap to execute on strategy.
- Lead a team of product owners, and recruit new product owners to team.
- Liaise across departments in order to execute vision and ship product.
- Understand industry trends and opportunities in order to continuously improve product position.
- Consistently and predictably deliver high quality product.
- Balance user needs, company goals, and system needs in order to deliver product that works for customers and company.
- Form relationships with potential vendors or partners.
What You'll Bring
- 10+ years in digital product. Strong preference for background in banking, payments, or other financial services vertical.
- Knowledge of small business landscape a plus.
- Track record of establishing and executing against product strategy.
- Proven ability to build, manage, and lead product team.
- Excellent communication skills, and an ability to align peers around a shared vision.
- Ability to build processes, systems, and standards.
- An entrepreneurial attitude and the ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment on multiple concurrent projects where team members are based in multiple locations
- Deep knowledge of agile.
- Technical capabilities a plus.
What We Bring
- High impact role in an early stage fintech company
- A killer team with decades of experience in finance, tech, and startups
- A mission to empower multicultural business owners, and a mandate to do away with the old models of banking
- Backing from a leading global bank with resources to support our growth
- Position can be based in Portland, Oregon or San Francisco, California
- Occasional travel may be needed
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
Azlo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Azlo considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.